Monday, December 17, 2007

Getting Beyond Yes - Getting Prospects to Take Action

Sometimes, it's not just about getting a potential client to say yes. Sometimes they know they need your services and they want what you're selling... they just have trouble getting around to taking the first step.

For example, I've heard many virtual assistants complain about clients who have gone so far as to sign the contract, but they've never gotten around to taking action, whether it be send you the files you need to get to work, or scheduling a phone call to discuss exactly what projects they need help with. Since most VA's only charge for work that is done, that means you're not reaping the profits you could (and should) be.

I think the answer might be to make it as easy as possible for clients to take action, and take the next step towards working with you.

Here's a really good example that came to my inbox last week. I'm on the mailing list of a local charity. They were looking for people to support a new initiative by writing letters of support to our city council. I fully support the work this charity does, and if they had simply asked me to write a letter, I would have said yes, added it to my to-do list, and then, probably have never gotten around to actually writing it. Not due to lack of interest, you understand, but there are many more pressing things on that list.

Fortunately for this particular charity, they understood how busy I am, so they made it really easy for me to participate. In the email, they included a link to a sample letter that I can add my name to, fill in any extra notes I want to add, and just print and drop in the mail box. How easy! They did all the work for me, and all I had to do was print, so of course I took action right away.

That's just one example of how an organization can make it easy for people to do what you want you want them to. That example may not work for you, but the concept behind it will!

You got the client to say yes, now make it just as easy for them to take action.

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara