Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How to Gain Client Trust for Your Virtual Assistant Business

For the past year, I've been learning how to outsource many of my own routine tasks.

I say "learning how" because I've discovered that outsourcing is not as easy as I've frequently told my own clients it is.

For example, I contracted a Virtual Assistant to look after one of my email accounts for my WAHM article directory. From a Virtual Assistant's perspective, it's a no-brainer. These particular emails don't need my personal touch and they distract me from my revenue-producing activities.

But the thing is, I LIKE adding the personal touch. I LIKE meeting the people who are using my article directory. However, my bank account tells me I can no longer afford to dilly dally over email messages that make me feel good without making me money. (My VA now puts them into a monthly report for me, so I can still get that yummy feeling without wasting my time.)

The other thing I've discovered is that it's a lot harder than I expected to find people I can trust to help with my business.

So many service providers have literally vanished on me this past year, I am almost ready to join the chorus of many other entrepreneurs I've met, singing the "Never Hire a Virtual Assistant Again" song. Except, I know for a fact these incidents are the exception to the rule.

Since you're still reading this, I'm quite sure you don't fall into that group. And you're probably wondering what you can do to make it easier for potential clients to trust you.

Well, I can tell you one thing that always helps. I've started using this technique as well, and it really does help convert inquiries into customers.

Don't be afraid to give information away for free. I'm not talking about giving away the farm, or sharing your expert knowledge with just any Joe.

Here's an example of what I mean.When I go to someone for help, I've discovered the people who really are interested in helping me will tell me the steps I can take to solve my problem on my own. They will then offer to help me, or do it for me, if I would like.

This does two things:

1. It convinces me they know what they're doing.

2. It convinces me that they could do a better job than I would.

But most importantly, it helps me believe they are sincerely interested in helping me meet my goals.

How do you help your clients learn to trust you?

Your Write Assistant

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Denise,

Very good point, giving away information or help for free creates trust better than anything. Your clients realize you truly are there to help so your recommendations and products will actually mean something to them. It's a hard concept for many, probably because it means putting more work and effort into your business but that's really what it takes.

Phone Customer Support said...

Hello,

Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. Virtual assistant business receive expert and flexible administrative support, provided through popular and leading edge technology, which is expect solid and reliable performance on a continuing basis. Thanks a lot for sharing this...

 
Header by Designed by Lara