Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Best Investment for Your Virtual Business - YOU!

Did you happen to read my interview with Laurie Neumann yesterday? I told you she had asked about my average working day... Ha! I'm still waiting for one.

She also asked what advice I had for those who want to begin working from home too. My response was something like, "Don't be afraid to spend real money on your business."

Many new online business owners I meet are looking for free resources and free advice. You can find some good stuff for free, I'm not denying that.

But if you want REAL success, you're going to have to pay for it.

At the beginning of 2008, I decided to stop playing around with my business, and take it seriously. For me, that meant spending some serious money. As a result, WAHM Articles has grown immensely this year - beyond even what I anticipated when I first made my plans.

I didn't spend money on fads and gimmicks. Not on fly-by-night designers.

Instead I invested in:

  • a training program designed by someone who has credibility in my industry, and whom I trust.
  • coaching with the best business coach I could find for my needs
  • a professional-looking logo for WAHM Articles, designed by someone with a good reputation, that many of my online friends recommended
  • outsourcing jobs that took a lot of time away from my core business, to people who could handle them better than I

Yes, I spent a lot of money. But I also have a lot to show for it - including an income that can pay for those investments.

Before others will take your business seriously, you have to take it seriously. And, often, that means seriously investing in your training and growth.

Your Write Assistant

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara