Thursday, November 27, 2008

When It's Time to Turn Down the Perfect Project

Yesterday, I had to tell a prospective client that I was not the best choice for her next project. It really hurt me to do that, because this is someone I would LOVE to work with, and her project is a perfect fit for what I do.

One thing I have learned this year, though, is to manage my time carefully. If I don't value it, no one else will either.

These days, with my neck injury, I only have a few hours a week I can do any activity at all. I can choose to spend that time maintaining relationships with the wonderful clients I already have. Or I can put it all into a new client, a new project, and let everything else fall by the wayside.

I've decided for me, the right thing to do this time was to say no to this "perfect" project. Because if it was really a perfect project for me, the timing would be perfect too.

Your Write Assistant

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara