Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time Management Tip - Turn Off Your Email Program

Here's one of my favorite time management tips - but it takes a lot of self control!

I turn off my email program.

When my email program is on all day, I seem to be always checking what's new. Usually, I'll find something more interesting to read than the project I'm currently working on... and then my schedule falls apart.

So, I now leave my email program turned off, and check it only twice a day.

To let my clients know I'm not ignoring them, I've put up an auto responder that lets them know I'm around, but I'm busy working on their project, and don't want to lose my focus. Here's what it says:

Thank you for contacting WAHM Articles.

This note is just to let you know I received your message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, usually within one business day.

To help me keep my focus, I check my email only at 8 am and 3 pm Mountain Time, Monday - Friday. I am not online Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays. If you emailed during these times, I will get back to you as soon as possible the next day.

Blessings today,

Denise
It's amazing how much time this little trick can save! And my clients don't feel slighted because I've let them know I'm doing this so I can give them my best work.

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara