Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Learn HTML Tricks, Quickly and Easily

The Virtual Business Startup System (a highly recommended resource for any aspiring or experienced virtual assistant) comes with several easy-to-use website templates.

But even "easy to use" requires some knowledge on the user's behalf to get the most out of them.

When I created my first website using the templates, I had worked with basic html before, and I knew how to use an html editor at a beginner level. To get the most out of my templates, though, I wanted to learn more. I read (or tried to read) several tutorials to ramp up my knowledge, but technical how-to's are not my favorite kind of reading!

I then turned to my library and took out every book they had on html, hoping that something would appeal to me, and finally make sense to my creative, but non-technical brain. :)

That was when I discovered the book HTML: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks (Visual Read Less, Learn More)

It's a friendly book that you don't really have to read - just follow the brightly colored illustrations to accomplish your goal. The difficulty of each task is easy to determine because the book uses symbols to point out new spins on common tasks, tasks that require multiple steps, and tasks that require extensive skill and may involve other technologies.

With these easy-to-follow instructions, I was able to perform even some of the most complex tasks to get my site working just like I wanted.

Some of the tasks covered in this book are:

  • Using style sheets
  • Creating forms
  • Arranging objects using tables
  • Working with JavaScript
I forgot to mention that the Virtual Business Startup System includes a 2 hour coupon for Website Design, so you don't need to do any of the work yourself. However, as a new virtual assistant, I wanted to take advantage of this learning opportunity so I could work online more efficiently, and offer web editing services to my clients.

Here's the book again: HTML: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks (Visual Read Less, Learn More)

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara