Friday, April 25, 2008

Are Your Outgoing Links on the Right Side of the Law?

Since we're talking about the importance of links...

A few years ago, I took a course in managing web content for small business websites. One of the recommendations was that, whenever you link to an outside page, it's polite to request permission from the website's owner.

I don't know many people who follow that advice, and I hardly ever do either - unless it's to start building a relationship with the owner of that website.

But, did you know, that some of your outbound links may not be legal? Here's a good article that explains what could be an illegal link.

And a few days ago I was writing about Tawyna Sutherland, the creator of the Virtual Business Startup System. I was at her site the other day, and I found this page that explains link popularity better than I ever could. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, and if you want to take a closer look at Tawnya's Virtual Business Startup System, here's the link for that too.


Your Write Assistant

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara