Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Setting up a Virtual Assistant Blog

Have you started blogging yet?


It's becoming more and more common for Virtual Assistants to have blogs. A blog is a tool to help you keep in touch with your clients (and potential clients) so they can see what you're up to, and get to know you a little bit.

Also, a blog can be interactive, and you can dialog with your readers, invite their comments, and respond to their feedback.

If you plan to use your blog to interact with your readers, change your blog settings to accept comments. I once read a blog post by a VA who was wondering why no one was commenting on her blog. I was ready to leave my own comment, but when I tried, I found her blog didn't accept comments!

So, once your blog is set up, make sure you check your settings and that people can actually comment on your blog

Which blogging software is right for you?

That depends on how technically savvy you are, and how dedicated you are to your blog.

Blogger, which this blog runs on, is super-easy to use. You can set up your blogger account and get your blog off and running in about 5 minutes. You can host your blog on the Blogger server as well.

Most of my other blogs are Wordpress, which I actually prefer to Blogger, and are hosted on my own Web servers.

Some other options are Moveable Type and Greymatter. These are both programs you host yourself, which I like because it gives you more control.

I haven't used either of these, however I have been told by people who know that Moveable Type can be difficult to install, but fabulous to use.

Greymatter, "the original opensource weblogging software" has lots of features and pretty easy to install.

There's really no right or wrong choice when it comes to choosing your blogging software. The important thing is, which blogging software will you actually use?

Your Write Assistant

2 comments:

Ecommerce Back Office Support said...

Hello,

A virtual assistant business is the perfect blend of freedom and professionalism. It plays a key role in support of your marketing plan. Thank you...

Johnv said...

virtual assistant


This blog reminds me my experience. Even I started my business as virtual assistant. now its being my 5th year and i feel the same thrill doing this job as before. trust me we have to consider certain facts to maintain the trill and joy for ever. As a virtual assistant its very important to keep the client satisfaction on top no matter big or small client. the quality, dedication and commitment play a crucial roll in keeping the client happy !!!!!

 
Header by Designed by Lara