Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why You Shouldn't Buy Your Mailing List

So, I'm still a little annoyed at the Virtual Assistants who have been sending me unsolicited email. Unfortunately, I've deleted everything they sent me, but the next time they contact me, I'll be replying and asking if I could please be removed from their mailing lists - especially since I never wanted to be on them in the first place!

Yes, I understand that it's hard to get a new Virtual Assistant business going. The money might be "in the list," but getting that list can be a lot of work!

Buying a mailing list might look like an easy shortcut, but trust me, it probably isn't. When you buy a list, you never know how those names got on there. Much better to build up trust with potential clients and give them a good reason to want to be on your list.

Sure, it's a challenge, but if you wanted easy, you'd back to your office job, not start your own enterprise from scratch!

Here's a really good article about the problems with buying your list. The article isn't about Virtual Assistants, but the concepts still apply.
Your Write Assistant

No comments:

 
Header by Designed by Lara